On January 20, 1915 President Woodrow Wilson signed Executive Order 2123 establishing the Dungeness Spit Reservation as “...a refuge, preserve, and breeding ground for native birds.”  Presidential Proclamation 2416 in 1940 changed the Reservation’s name to the Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge as it is known today.

The Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge celebrates its 100th anniversary with a series of educational events throughout 2015. See the schedule of events and join us as we commemorate 100 years of working for wildlife.

For those wishing to visit the Refuge:
- Open sunrise to 1/2 hour before sunset daily.
- Entrance fee required.
- No pets.

Download the Refuge map.

For more information about Dungeness National Wildlife Refuge visit: www.fws.gov/washingtonmaritime/dungeness/